Accounting Software 411 View Cart | Login / Register
Acumatica Banner

Sponsor Message
Acumatica Sky

ACCPAC Dos on Window XP

Started By: hofrances at 4/18/2007 8:50:37 AM. Topic has 12 replies.

AS411 Community Home » Software Directory » ACCPAC Plus for DOS by Sage Accpac, a division of Sage Software, Inc. » ACCPAC Dos on Window XP

4/18/2007 8:50:37 AM

hofrances
  ACCPAC Dos on Window XP

Would somebody pls advise.....
We are running ACCPAC DOS on a file server running Window 2000, can the workstation be running Window XP and also ACCPAC?  Any forseeable problems?
  4/20/2007 3:06:29 PM

stevesakoff
  Re:ACCPAC Dos on Window XP
The DOS version of Accpac plus can run on an XP workstation, but only if you have version 6.5 or 7.0.
There are several settings that must be addressed for printing and file handles. 
However, the DOS version of Accpac is no longer sold or supported by Sage, the owners of the software. I suggest you upgrade to the Windows version or to another package asap. Depending on your location, you may be able to find a Sage Accpac DOS Business Partner\Consultant to help you, even though Sage is no longer involved.
  5/6/2007 8:26:37 PM

abates
As Steve mentioned, you must be running version 7.5 or 7.0 of the System Manager in order for this to work reliably. There is a lot of information available on the ACCPAC Plus forum at http://www.PlusCommunity.com. You should also take a look at Adagio Accounting (http://www.adagio-by-softrak.com) which is a full, 32-bit accounting system that you can use without any data conversion. Download an evaluation and see what your accounting data would look like in Windows. Oh yes, you also get e-mailing and faxing of forms, drill-down from the financial statements, pop-up alerts and notes for cusotmers, vendors and inventory items and unposting of batches in the general ledger. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
  1/10/2008 9:51:10 AM

tantito8

The DOS version of Accpac plus can run on an XP workstation, but only if you have version 6.5 or 7.0.
There are several settings that must be addressed for printing and file handles. 
However, the DOS version of Accpac is no longer sold or supported by Sage, the owners of the software. I suggest you upgrade to the Windows version or to another package asap. Depending on your location, you may be able to find a Sage Accpac DOS Business Partner\Consultant to help you, even though Sage is no longer involved.
  Please send me information in spanish.
  10/7/2008 12:15:38 AM

fuzmic
I am using AccPac v6.1A (AP, AR & GL) on xpwin without any problem. Take note of the following:

1 The usual .pif  will do well - some tinkering to give your the best display (Lucida 20 or something). 
2 The window environment should have FILES=50  BUFFERS =50
3 It is better to print to file and then use font something like letter.. (sorry forget the name) and size 7 & 8 and you can then print in window with perfect alignment.

So march on!

10/7/2008 12:16:26 AM

fuzmic
I am using AccPac v6.1A (AP, AR & GL) on xpwin without any problem. Take note of the following:

1 The usual .pif  will do well - some tinkering to give your the best display (Lucida 20 or something). 
2 The window environment should have FILES=50  BUFFERS =50
3 It is better to print to file and then use font something like letter.. (sorry forget the name) and size 7 & 8 and you can then print in window with perfect alignment.

So march on!

11/13/2008 12:08:41 AM

bmacneil
Which files do you edit to adjust the files=50 and buffers=50 Is it config.sys
  11/13/2008 7:32:33 AM

stevesakoff
On a XP workstation, edit the C:\Windows\System32\Config.nt file - toward the bottom there is a line that shows Files=xxx where the xxx should be 250. After you make this change and save the file, you will have to restart the workstation for the change to take effect.
  12/15/2008 2:33:56 AM

chunchoy

Pls Help

change config.sys :
install=c:\windows\system32\share.exe / L:250 /F:10000
files:250

now AR;AP:GL can run OE cannot with the massage operating system Limit reched
                                                                                 There are too many open files

thks
ow c c
  12/15/2008 3:28:26 PM

stevesakoff
Not config.sys but config.nt must have files=250 - then save and restart the computer
1 of 2 Next >>

Company Info | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise With Us | List Your Company | Contact Us | Help |
Copyright © 2006-20011 Accounting Software 411, LLC. All rights reserved.