Accounting Software 411 View Cart | Login / Register
Ei Dynamics Banner

Sponsor Message
Treeno Sky

Changing fiscal year Peachtree

Started By: amartin at 7/15/2005 9:40:00 AM. Topic has 9 replies.

AS411 Community Home » Software Directory » Peachtree Accounting by Sage Software - Peachtree » Changing fiscal year Peachtree

7/15/2005 9:40:00 AM

amartin
Current FYE is June 30. We are changing the FYE to Dec. 31. How do I change it in Peachtree Complete Accounting 2005 without re-typing my work?
  7/7/2004 1:38:00 AM

edepasquale
You need to open a new company, but only put the company name, fiscal year and company type. Do not go with any of the pre-set chart of accounts. Then, you have to export ALL your data, one list and one journal at a time, and import into the new company. This needs to be done in teh correct order. Check the Peachtree help and it will spell the whole thing out for you. Good luck. Ellen DePasquale The Systems Shop
  10/21/2005 6:53:48 PM

robertetheridge
  Re:Changing fiscal year Peachtree

I have Peachtree Complete Accounting 2004 and I am attempting to change from fiscal to calender year. I have printed out all the instructions, and the last item is "after importing the journal data in the new company, POST all necessary reports, and compare the two companies". The new company is set for real time posting. Do I need to change the posting method?
Bob Etheridge

10/23/2005 6:58:49 AM

edepasquale

That sounds like a typo to me.
Since you are importing journal entries, they are already "posted".  Also, you do not "post" reports.
I believe that it is supposed to be PRINT reports and compare.
Just make sure you import in the correct order as listed in the instructions and you shouldn't have any problems.
Also make sure you set the date ranges of the exports to ALL.
Good luck,
Ellen
  10/23/2005 2:42:34 PM

robertetheridge

The last instruction in the Export and Import Journal Date is number 7. "After importing the journal data in the new company, post all journals, print all necessary reports, and compare the two companies. If there are any discrepancies, make necessary adjusting entries."
Since the new company was real time posting, I did not understand this instruction. Thank you for your response.

3/22/2007 12:14:53 PM

nomailsasd
  Mamadshah

You need to open a new company, but only put the company name, fiscal year and company type. Do not go with any of the pre-set chart of accounts. Then, you have to export ALL your data, one list and one journal at a time, and import into the new company. This needs to be done in teh correct order. Check the Peachtree help and it will spell the whole thing out for you. Good luck. Ellen DePasquale The Systems Shop

12/12/2008 9:33:54 AM

delson.hinge.corp
I have changed my fye to 12/31  from 9/30. Is this possible? Thanks - Dave B.
  12/12/2008 9:38:29 AM

delson.hinge.corp
I have changed my fye to 12/31  from 9/30. Is this possible? Thanks - Dave B.
  1/2/2013 11:48:31 PM

BUSNIAHAMED
HOW CAN CHANGING NEW ACCOUNTING YEAR
  6/1/2013 11:30:54 AM

sajnu18

Company Info | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise With Us | List Your Company | Contact Us | Help |
Copyright © 2006-20011 Accounting Software 411, LLC. All rights reserved.