Accounting Software 411 View Cart | Login / Register
Ei Dynamics Banner

Sponsor Message
Jonas Construction Buyer Guide Sky

Accpac 6.1 DOS Version

Started By: chandran at 8/4/2005 4:22:00 AM. Topic has 10 replies.

AS411 Community Home » Software Directory » ACCPAC Plus for DOS by Sage Accpac, a division of Sage Software, Inc. » Accpac 6.1 DOS Version

8/4/2005 4:22:00 AM

chandran
  Accpac 6.1 DOS Version
Hello, I am new here. I need you guys help. Where can i get a copy of the software to do some research on the data? Even a demo or trial version would help me. Would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. Chandran
  6/22/2004 6:06:00 PM

abates
  RE:RE:Accpac 6.1 DOS Version
Hello Chandran, In ACCPAC Plus, most of the Import/Exports are located under the Housekeeping menu. This will generally give you access to the information in the master files. To get access to the information in the transaction files, you will probably have to print a report to a disk file then parse out the information. If you are trying to move an ACCPAC DOS client into the Windows world, you should check out Adagio (http://www.adagio-software.com) which is a 32 bit Windows accounting product that will use the ACCPAC accounting data WITHOUT a conversion. Adagio also offers modern functionality such as e-mailing invoices and statements. It's certainly worth a look for an ACCPAC Plus user.
  6/24/2004 10:11:00 AM

chandran
Hi, Is the ACCPAC 6.1 and ACCPAC Plus is Different or the same? Can i just confirm that we can migrate ACCPAC data to Adagio without hassle? Chandran
  6/23/2004 9:25:00 PM

abates
ACCPAC 6.1 is a version of ACCPAC Plus (DOS) released in the early 90's. The terms usually refer to the same product. There were later versions (6.5 and 7.0) with a few minor feature changes released later in the 90's. There are evaluations of Adagio available for download off the web. Make a copy of your accounting data, install the evaluations and check it out. You'll find that GL, AR, OE and AP will convert instantly (and you can actually run DOS and Adagio side-by-side on the same data). IC will move to the V6.5 (DOS) version level for the evaluation to run. If you have specific questions, or would like reference sites, please feel free to drop me an e-mail (abates@softrak.com). If you are using ACCPAC Plus, you should at least LOOK at Adagio.
  5/19/2001 10:12:00 AM

abates
  Accpac 6.1 DOS Version
Hello, Depending on the research you're trying to conduct, you would probably find GridView useful. It's a viewer (and lots more) for ACCPAC Plus data. There is info, and an evaluation download at http://www.softrak.com/products/adagio/gridview.php Andrew Bates
  5/19/2001 9:14:00 PM

chandran
  RE:Accpac 6.1 DOS Version
Hi Andrew, Thank you for your response. Actually, I guess from ACCPAC 6.1 Dos version can't export data to ASCII format or any other format. What we are trying to do is that, use those ACCPAC Data file and try to open it using any software to extract data to ascii format. So, we need some sample data file. anyway, we will look into the link that you have given. Thank you Chandran
  7/17/2006 2:08:19 AM

chuayeetian
  Re:Accpac 6.1 DOS Version
Hi, my company installed Accpac on one of our systems many years back. Recently, we are upgrading our systems but realised that we have lost our CD. Is there anyway we can get another copy?
  7/17/2006 11:43:23 AM

stevesakoff
You should try contacting the Accpac Business Partner you purchased the software from. This version hasn't been sold in over 10 years. 

You could also try to contact Accpac Client Care at 800-773-5445 or www.accpac.com and if your software was registered they can assist.
  3/22/2007 8:24:44 AM

mtokaci

hi,
we have the same problem you have it before
We really need a copy of that software, or something to be able to view those files
Can you help?
Please respond ASP
Thank you

4/17/2013 7:18:29 AM

hamptonsway
I have same problem as my Accpac 6.1 dos disk has been corrupted, I cannot re-install into my computer. Anyone has the disks that I can buy from you, since Sage does not have the old version of Accpac anymore, Please help.
David

1 of 2 Next >>

Company Info | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise With Us | List Your Company | Contact Us | Help |
Copyright © 2006-20011 Accounting Software 411, LLC. All rights reserved.